20100203

The wind blew with vengence as the rain pelted against my wind sheild. Shaking and swaying with the direction of the wind, my car, affectionately known as the green goblin, trudged on thru the storm. The call came in at 11:22am. I can still hear that voice on the other end. I havent heard it in 7 years but oddly enough, i have been waiting for it. I knew today was going to change my life. Our lives. November 22, 2017. The day i said to wait for 7 years ago. We were in high school. Young and in love. Forced apart by fear. But together still at heart. We kept in contact throughout college.Thru letters and text messages and the occasional AIM. We promised to be together, but yet pinky promised that we would experiencing the joys of college. And though we swore to each other that we would live our lives without the binds of our lost love, neither of us gave in. I dated a couple of people in college. But the second i got close, my heart told me no and shut the door, placing a sign saying in all caps NO VACANCY. I havent heard that voice since high school. The voice that used to wake me up in the morning after a long night. The voice that everytime i heard it, my heart would stop, knowing that a moment with you would take my body somewhere its never been. The voice that called me at 11:22 am on November 22, 2017 and said two words to me.. You promised. Then the line went dead and i knew that this was our time. The time that we had waited 7 years for. The time when our lives would end and our forever would begin...The thoughts running thru my head, I arrive. I see the light in the front window and the shadow. The shadow of my future. The rain picks up as a exit the car and run to the door. I go to ring the doorbell but instead i am greeted by my future. and just like 7 years ago, i repeat the lines i had trademarked since day one.. "when have i ever broke a promise"...

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this, it was very sweet.

    ReplyDelete